- Standard Top-Sealable Trays
Crystalline Polyethylene Terephthalate (CPET) is an alternative to aluminium trays. CPET trays are the most versatile option of the ready meal concept. Production is based on the esterification reaction between ethylene glycol and terephthalic acid, and is partially crystallised, making it opaque. As a result of the partially crystalline structure, CPET retains its shape at high temperatures and is therefore suitable for use with products that are to be heated in ovens and microwave ovens.
Standard for almost all CPET products is an APET top layer, which has particularly good sealing properties and gives the products an attractive appearance. The precision control of the material’s crystallinity means that the product can be used within a temperature range of -40°C to +220°C. This meets the needs of consumers, who require good impact resistance at low temperatures and shape retention at high temperatures. CPET also forms a highly effective barrier against oxygen, water, carbon dioxide and nitrogen.
CPET trays are also used for bakery products such as desserts, cakes or pastry. These items can be unpacked and finished off in the oven or microwave.
Key Features of using our CPET tray:
- Incredible flexibility and strength which can be used for multi-compartment trays.
- Manufactured in dual colours to improve visual appeal on store shelves.
- Sustainable solution as it contains RPET which is recovered from plastic bottles and other sources.
- Freezable down to -40°C.
- Heat resistant in conventional and microwave ovens to 220°C.
- Can be sealed with a welded or peelable film – (anti fog and easy peel films available).
- Aroma tight seals.
**While all PET trays are fully recyclable, some recycling centres are un-equipt to detect black plastics during the recycling process. Most of our CPET trays are fully NIR detectable for recycling.